GridMax HAN solutions provides a suite of ZigBee enabled smart energy profile devices/applications in a Home Area Network (HAN) that enables secure communication with appliances and other devices. These include Smart thermostats, Switches, Lighting systems and other devices that can be used independently, or in conjunction with external third party solutions such as Google's Powermeter or with the utility's infrastructure.
PERI uses the most preferred ZigBee standard as a high level communication protocol for HAN home energy management. This allows open standards for implementing HAN communications including security, handshake and device interoperability.
- Smart ZigBee thermostat - Efficiency by energy monitoring
- Smart In-Home displays for everyday energy monitoring
- ZigBee switches - Enables customers to control various non smart devices
- PC or hosted solutions
- ZigBee gateway and router solutions
- ZigBee load control devices
- Portal based access
- Smart energy profile compliance
- Configurable for additional home monitoring devices
- Seamless integration with utility systems and 3rd party solutions
PERI does both the device and the software application level (including firmware) specification and fabrication. This assures that only appropriate HAN devices are authenticated and connected to the utility network.
To enable highest level of security and data integrity and to prevent unauthorized eavesdropping, tamper detection solutions such as identification, authentication and validation are performed at the device and network level.
Because of the care that PERI takes in the development of its HAN solutions suite, utility companies can be assured that they can distinguish between HAN devices directly under their control as part of a formal demand response program (including smart meters) and other consumer devices that might be in the home.