|STANDARD SUPPORT CONDITIONS||Download|
This document outlines the scope of Standard Support Conditions (SSC) from PERI for the Enterprise Communication Platform - iSystem
1. Current customers of PERI's iSystem, fully maintained lease will be entitled to receive the benefits outlined herein. Resale, transfer, re-leasing or addition or modification of hardware including hardware phones, software phones, video phones and analog devices of any iSystem set-up without prior notice will void any SSC in effect.
2. PERI may terminate this SSC at its discretion due to issues identified in Section 2.3 below.
3. PERI reserves the right to modify or update the support conditions any time as new services, features, solutions and hardware are available.
4. This SSC is in effect from the date of shipment of your iSystem server.
5. For customers availing lease option, the SSC will be valid for the entire duration of the lease. For customers who have made an outright purchase, the SSC will be applicable during the standard warranty period of 1 year from date of installation.2. SCOPE OF THE SSC
Software Upgrades and Updates
During the term of the SSC, the customer is eligible to receive any software upgrades or updates released for the iSystem model they have purchased. While most updates will appear seamless to the customer, some updates may require a software download, system reboot or other action on the part of the customer.Obtaining Technical Support
The following Technical Support options are available for your iSystem set-up;
The PERI knowledge base contains a wide range of information pertaining to installation, configuration, usage and maintenance of your iSystem set-up. Customers are highly encouraged to see if their technical support issues are addressed in the Knowledge base
To receive online support, go to iSystem Online Support Center at https://isystem.perisoftware.com where you can submit, update, review your service requests. Customers with ticket numbers will be served ahead of those who opt to use support by phone without a ticket number.
Telephone support is only available during our normal business hours (Mon-Fri 10 a.m. to 7p.m. IST) excluding local, regional and national holidays. For after business hours support requests, customers with a valid ticket number may leave a voice message in the support voice mail mailbox, which will be addressed within the next business day.
All support shall be attended either through online support or telephone. On-site support will be provided only for issues that cannot be solved or addressed remotely. For clients located outside PERI city office limits, charges for travel, boarding/lodging may be applicable on a case to case basis.
2.1 Services included as part of technical support
The following services are generally included as part of the SSC. Items outside of this scope of service may be provided at PERI's discretion by PERI or other third party resources as consultation services at prevailing hourly rates.
1. PERI will work with supported customers who are experiencing installation difficulties, provided the customer obtains a valid ticket number as described above. PERI will use its best efforts to bring the customer's iSystem set-up into full working order at the earliest.
2. Configuration of IP phones and system interoperability for products leased from PERI.
3. Information and suitable documentation for addition/change/removal of extensions from the system.
4. Basic instructions for initial customer setup, or one-time reconfiguration of existing equipment, for remote telecommuter applications.
5. Support for the maintenance of system and phone dial plan configuration for proper interoperability with local phone service dial plans.
6. IP phone firmware upgrades may be performed by PERI remotely when, in the opinion of PERI Technical Support, it is appropriate to solve basic interoperability problems (additional fees may apply).
7. Assistance in troubleshooting problems with IP phones and associated configuration.
8. Remote re-configuration of phones (when possible) to address basic function concerns (additional fees may apply).
9. Configuration for the correct Date/Time display on phones that have internal clocks.
10. Identification and commercially reasonable efforts to correct the occurrence of the following:
11. PERI will remotely monitor the system's ability to place calls on a regular basis. This is an automated process that alerts PERI of most failures at the customer location.
12. PERI will investigate failures received from this automated system, using our secure connection into the iSystem system or other diagnostic tools, and will coordinate resolution with customer when appropriate.
13. Guidance on configurations or applications of the iSystem product for solutions the product was designed to address.
14. Suggestions for maximum performance, flexibility, and security as per standard PERI iSystem installation, and suited to customer requirements if possible.
15. Except as outlined, PERI will coordinate product replacement of all PERI supplied equipment under the terms of the manufacturer's warranty.
16. Liability for any errors reported is limited to the cost of replacing the hardware provided by PERI within standard warranty conditions.
17. Third party software (such as X-lite) or products, purchased through PERI as part of the iSystem, will be provided with basic configuration and user level technical support only.
2.2 PERI support services DO NOT include the following:
1. Manual customization and setup after on-site setup has been signed by the customer. All configuration changes must be made via the PERI administrative web interface.
2. Customization of IP Phone configurations or functionality (button programming, logos, etc).
3. Application of the system for any purpose that it was not designed for or intended to address.
4. Configuration or troubleshooting for any IP or Analog phone not provided by PERI, or configured remotely by PERI, as part of the original system purchase.
5. Configuration or troubleshooting of customer supplied equipment, including, but not limited to: channel banks, switches, firewalls or routers.
6. Troubleshooting of remote telecommuter configurations that use unsupported networking hardware, firewalls, or connectivity equipment (hotel based shared DSL or Internet connections, low bandwidth DSL-modems, shared cable-TV or satellite based Internet connections).
7. Troubleshooting of unsupported network hardware or firewalls, or configurations that deviate from the supported examples provided by PERI.
8. Troubleshooting or resolution of issues related to Internet access quality, bandwidth, or other issues related to Customer's Internet service providers.
9. Troubleshooting or resolution of issues related to local telephone service configuration or termination, and associated customer premise wiring and data / network cabling.
10. Data recovery services in case of failure of disks which are part of iSystem and Storage Servers. PERI assumes no responsibility for loss of any data what-so-ever.
11. Business productivity loss, accidental loss, etc are not within the scope of the SSC.
12. No support is provided for issues regarding third party products and solutions other than those mentioned in Section 2.1, clause 17.
2.3 In addition to any material breach of the terms and conditions of this SSC, PERI reserves the right to terminate the contract on the following grounds:
1. If the customer makes modifications to the system that compromises PERI's ability to support the system.
2. If the customer uses tools, commands or other methods of system configuration not specifically provided by PERI and as directed by PERI Technical Support.
3. If the remote secure connection to and from the PERI web system is closed down.
4. If the customer makes changes to any software included with the system or any other supporting libraries or packages.
5. If the customer has intentionally attempted to add devices to the system without using the iSystem admin web interface or notifying PERI.
6. Modification of the SSH configuration of the iSystem setup. RSA key files and authorization rules must remain unchanged.
7. Addition of kernel modules or alternations to the operating system.
8. Installation of other custom applications, third-party products, or utilities over the PERI supported Hardware for any reason unless explicitly directed to do so by PERI Technical Support.
9. At PERI's discretion, if the customer or their representative(s) act in an abusive or otherwise un-businesslike manner, or if the customer's technical environment is considered otherwise unsupportive.
2.4 Support Categories
PERI offers three levels of support to customers. Customers can choose from the options provided below and decide on the best fit service level as required
- Standard Support
- Enhanced Support
- Premium Support
Standard Support is provided to all customers who either purchase or lease our solutions. Customers can opt for any one of the support timings from the list below:
Daylight saving times will be incorporated as and when applicable. Response and Resolution Times for Standard Support is detailed in the next section.
Enhanced Support is an extension of the support timings for those customers who work on extended time lines, such as multiple shift support, weekend support within standard office hours and 24 X 7 support. This service is can be availed on additional charges and is based on the extended timings required by client.
All terms and scope for Enhanced Support will remain same as applicable for the Standard Support.
Premium Support can be availed by customers who desire faster response and resolutions so as to ensure minimal impact on their business in case of any iSystem related issues. Premium Support includes a fully configured shared back-up server maintained by PERI at our office for the duration of the contract period. Customers can also opt to have the back-up server as a dedicated server for their exclusive purpose and located at the customer premise.
The Response and Resolution Times for Premium Support customers are detailed in the next segment. This service is an optional service and is chargeable based on the option of dedicated or non-dedicated servers with components and extended timings if any, required by client.
2.5 Response and Resolution Time
PERI will use all reasonable commercial efforts to respond to support inquiries, under normal business conditions, in accordance with the response time chart below. Severity will be assigned in good faith by the PERI support team.
For Standard and Enhanced Support Customers
Business totally unable to function, multiple employees impacted.
Less than 4
Single employee unable to function, significant impact to business.
Less than 12
All installation concerns, Problems that may hinder productivity but no significant impact to business.
Next Business Day
"Response" is defined as acknowledgement of the support request, either via email or telephone, assignment of the request to an appropriate resource. Response times apply between 10AM and 7PM IST, Monday through Friday. Response is deemed completed as soon as a valid ticket number is issued with estimated time for resolution.
"Resolution times" mentioned refer to timelines for resolution of the support request upon identifying the root-cause and includes replacement of any defective hardware, correction of any bugs that are intrinsic to the iSystem application. It is imperative to note that the nature of the application and its workings is such that many non-iSystem components such as Bandwidth, Routers, Network components, PRI/Codec Cards, associated Storage servers, Firewall, VPN among others may result in outages of iSystem service. Identification of the root cause of any reported problem may therefore be impacted. Issues where development of new patches may be required are also out of scope of this SSC.
For Premium Support the response time will be within one hour and the dedicated back up device will be activated and ready for deployment within 4 hours of notification of any critical or serious issues.
Go to https://isystem.perisoftware.com to submit, update, or review your Service Requests (you must have purchased support).
+1.973.735.9500 x5772 or +91.44.4340.6000 x5772
(You must have purchased support.)
Once in contact with PERI iSystem Support an engineer will handle technical issues according to normal service request handling processes iSystem Standard Support Conditions